News

BIG DISASTER AVERTED AS FIRE BREAKS OUT IN THREE GO DOWNS IN TURBHE

Three go-downs were caught in flames as a major fire broke out in Indiranagar at Turbhe. With slums settlements all around, a major disaster was averted at the spot, reports Nilofar Shaikh. Three go-downs next to NMMC School No. 54 at Turbhe went up in flames after a major fire broke out. The fire broke out at around 8 in the night and spread like wildfire. With the area having slum settlements all around, the fire could have led to a major tragedy. Locals of the village immediately informed the Navi Mumbai Fire Brigade who reached the spot to begin fire extinguishing process. 6 fire vehicles of the NMMC Fire Brigade got down to work and it took hours to douse the fire. Turbhe Police Inspector who was at the site gave an insight to the media. He said that there were no casualties reported during the fire. While the factual reason for the fire was still not known, some said that it was due to a short circuit. The fire comes as a warning bell for all those violating fire safety norms. Had this fire broken out during the day, with the school on one side and slums on other, a major disaster was averted. With cameraperson Vinayak Dalvi, Nilofar Shaikh for NMTV News.

Related Articles

Back to top button