Threat continues to hang over railway commuters as it is likely that the Motormen may strike again after June 15. On the second day of the motormen’s strike, less than 20% of the staff turned up at Mantralaya and the MCGM reported 10% attendance; things were better at private firms but attendance was way below normal even there. Officials scurried to bring trains back on track in the evening but the damage had been done before that. A threat, however, hangs over railway commuters; motormen have threatened to go back to their agitation after June 15 if the fast-track committee set up to hear their grievances do not take a call by then. During the protest, apparently, Home Minister R R Patil called up NCP Chief Sharad Pawar and CM Ashok Chavan got in touch with Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee and a compromise formula was thrashed out. The dismissal orders of all the agitating leaders were taken back, with a promise that no charge would be pressed later, and they were told that the committee to hear their grievances would take a decision by June 15. However the motormen have said that they were honouring the promises but would resort to another agitation if no decision was taken by June 15. Bureau report – NMTV News.
February 2, 2010
Fans shocked at Singer Chris Brown comments on Ebola virus stating it good for population control, Hollywood
October 15, 2014