News

NMMC’S ORDER TO SUSPEND ACCUSED OFFICIALS IN BHISE FRAUD CASE MIGHT BE AN EYE WASH

bhise-2All the officials arrested and later released on bail in the Bhise scam have been suspended by the NMMC administration. An official statement on their suspension was made to the media by Dy. Municipal Commissioner of Administration J N Sinnarkar. Dy. Municipal Commissioner of Encroachment Amrish Patnigire, Dy. Municipal Commissioner N N Alhat, Chief Accounts and Finance Officer Jaywant Dalvi, official from accounts department Prashant Kamble and Asst. Municipal Commissioner of Encroachment Dept. Diwakar Samel who were arrested and released on bail in the Bhise fraud case have been suspended from duty. Dy. Municipal Commissioner of Administration J N sinnarkar informed the media that under the 1979 Act of Maharashtra Public Service, all the officials have been suspended as they spent more than 48 hours in magistrate custody. The sub ordinate of each suspended officer has been made in charge of the department. He added that all the five officials are deemed to be suspended. However, off the camera he said that the administration could take a decision on inducting any of the officers back understanding the gravity of their post and requirement of that official’s services. As long as the officials will not be acquitted in the case, the officials will receive 75% of their payment under the suspension and the remaining 25% will be given only after they are acquitted. With cameraperson Roshan Hate, Monika Bhosale for NMTV News.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close